Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Caroling

I've mentioned that some of us from Church went Christmas Caroling last Sunday evening.  There were only about 10 of us that braved the cold and I mean COLD.  The rest stayed in the nice warm Church Building eating cookies without us.

But first, my dad read us the real Christmas Story as told in the Scripture.


Then we went out and sang our hearts out to the good people of Hyndman.

Here are a few of the rosy faced carollers when we got back, ready for that hot chocolate:

 CJ

Robin

Kaylee

Aunt Donna

Mom

Jane

Clarence

MaryJo

We had a lot of fun, as we always do when we get together.  But there is just something about caroling that is so uplifting and makes me feel like a kid again!









Linking to:
Spiritual Sundays
Making Your Home Sing
Simple Pleasures

7 comments:

  1. I love caroling (even though I don't carry a tune very well...LOL)!

    Looks like everyone had fun.

    Hoping to see you soon @ one of the crafting days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colletta,

    There is something special about the sound of voices singing together, spreading the joy and happiness that makes living so good.

    May our Lord continue that joy in you and family during the coming new year.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to your community...proclaiming the birth of Jesus, the savior of the world! (in song)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brave all of you were going out in the cold. What a precious surprise to those who you sang to.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to go caroling although I haven't done it in many years. I'm glad you braved the weather and made some folks happy.
    Blessings for a Happy New Year!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I am glad ye had so much fun and I am sure folk enjoyed the music :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure everyone you all sang to were inspired. Especially with it being so cold. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.