Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Prayer and Encouragement for STARLA

Starla

This is my great friend, Starla.  We grew up in church together and still are faithful members of that same church.  She just got married in June and now has 3 step-kids that she just adores.  2 girls and 1 boy.  Our girls get along great, and we're actually planning a "Girl's Day" for this Saturday.

First of all, I am asking for prayers for Starla.  She is 31 yrs old and has had to  get a pacemaker to regulate her heart.  She has been having a lot of problems with it lately and the doctors aren't sure what they are going to be able to do for her and she hasn't been able to work much.  Throughout it all her faith has remained strong and she tries not to let it get her down.

Now for the fun part.  A few of us suggested that she start a blog to encourage and motivate her with her cooking and great picture taking.  (She took my cousin's senior pictures and they are amazing!)  A creative outlet to take her mind off her worries.  Because, come on, blogging is FUN!

Her blog is titled "I Love Jesus".  Click HERE to go to her blog.

Please go show her some bloggy love and encourage her in this new endeavor.



Linking to:



6 comments:

  1. What a precious friend the Lord has given you. I am lifting her up in prayer right now. It makes me sad when I hear of young people with such serious health problems.
    I know you will be a great support to her. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colletta,

    God has given you as a friend to Starla. The words in this post speak of the love and admiration you have for her.

    I will be praying for Starla and her family.


    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being such a good friend to Starla. I will go right over to her blog. Blogging is something I definitely recommend.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. will definitely pray for her and going over to her blog right now. You're the best....have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can never have too many blogger friends. Will go see Starla now. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good friends are a rare commodity and so precious to have. I Have a good friend in Shirley and am so glad you have such a good friend aws Starla. I will definetly pray for her.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.