Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Book Review: "LFYI Snowball Arkansas" by Sandra D. Bricker

Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas




Book Description:

So what if she can't hook a fish? This city girl has a plan to snag something else...and his name is Justin. Lucy Binoche is reasonably attractive, intelligent, and fit. She has French lineage and betterthanaverage hair. So why is she nearly 30 and still single?

Justin Gerard is the rugged hottie new to her churchs singles group. When he signs up for a camping trip in the Ozarks, Lucy loses no time writing her name on the line beneath his. Theres only one problem Lucys idea of "roughing it" is suffering through a long line at Starbucks.

She assumes she can rely on the grace of God and the assistance of her friend to get through. But at the campsite in Snowball, Arkansas, Lucy bungles everything she attempts as she tries to impress Justin. She cant fish, hike, or ride a horse; caves make her hyperventilate; and hotair balloons make her ill.

Soon, events are snowballing out of control. Will Lucy pretend to be someone shes not just to snag a boyfriend? Or will she discover someone who loves her just as she is?

My Thoughts:

This is my favorite "Love Find You" book that I've read so far.  I shouldn't be surprised.  I've loved every Sandra D. Bricker book that I've ever read.

The predicaments Lucy finds herself in are hilarious and Matt is by her side the whole way.  I love the fact that they have been best friends for years and finally see each other in a new light and take action on those feelings.

This book makes me want to take a vacation and stay in one of Dave and Betty Sue's cabins.  One of my favorite things to do on vacations is to rent a cabin.  I could cook with Betty Sue but I definitely don't think I would go crawling through caves and I just don't bait my own hook.  No way.  Not unless they are the fake worms.

The main point I am taking from this book is that God made us each individuals and we need to see ourselves in the light that He does.  He loves us just as we are.  We are perfect in His sight.  Can we accept ourselves the same way?

Can we love ourselves the way our family and friends love us or do we only see our faults and shortcomings?

This is something to work on in my life.

Thanks, Sandra, for a great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.