Thursday, December 2, 2010

Easiest Apple Dumplings Ever!


Go to fullsize image

I found this recipe over Hanging on By a Needle and Thread.  These apple dumpolings were so super simple to make.  My brother has been asking for more.

Sadly, I didn't get a picture of these because I had taken them to my brother's house for dessert.  I promise next time I make them I'll take a picture and post it.

Now, for the recipe:

Easy Apple Dumplings

2 granny smith apples (I used whatever apples I had in the fridge)
2 cans (8oz) crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
cinnamon, to taste
1 can (12 oz) Mountain Dew soda

Peel and core apples.  Cut each apple into 8 slices .

Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll.  Pleace in a 9 X 13 butter pan.

Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.  Add vanilla, stir and pour entire mixture over apples.

Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Serve with ice cream and spoon some of the sweet sauce from the pan over the top.

Results:

These were super easy, quick and good.  I think next time I would put just a bit more Mountain Dew to create more of the sweet sauce.  I like my apple dumplings sweet and goey.

I'll be making these again soon, Dan.  I promise!

Let me know if you try these out and what you think.

Linking to:




5 comments:

  1. Mountain Dew in Apple dumplings!?! I've never heard of such a thing. I do like the gooey though so I'd be willing to give it a try.

    My mom always pours canned evaporated milk over her cinnamon rolls and it makes tons of gooey. I'll have to post that recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made these they where so YUMMY someone drank my mtn dew had to sub sprite but they where still delicious! I also poured a can of canned apples over the top to make sure they where nice and gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, what a great idea! I love that it looks so easy that even I can do it, haha! I am going to try this as it sounds yummy. That is, if I can get my son to part with his beloved Mtn Dew....

    By the way, I friended you on facebook so be on the lookout! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so much better than the big, whole apple type dumplings. Mini bites in super yummy, flaky crescent rolls topped with sticky sauce sounds great!! Thanks for linking this up to "Your recipe, my kitchen!"

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.