Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cookie Dough Brownies

I got this recipe from a lady I used to work with and let me say that this is the best brownie I've ever tasted.

Or course, this doesn't look like a normal brownie would because all my cake pans had been sent out of my house to family and friends while containing goodies so that I wouldn't eat it all.

So I used my bundt pan, and it actually turned out really beautiful.

I want to make mention that there are NO raw eggs in this recipe.


Cookie Dough Brownies

Brownie:
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Filling:
1/2 cup margarine (softened)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour

Glaze:
1 cup chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon shortening
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

In mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. 

Add oil, eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.

Stir in walnuts.  Pour into a greased 9X13 pan (or in my case a bundt pan!).  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the brownies test done.  Cool completely.

For Filling:

Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl.  Add milk and vanilla.  Mix well.  Beat in flour.  Spread over brownies.  Chill until firm.

For Glaze:

Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a saucepan, stirring until smooth.  Spread over filling.  Sprinkle with nuts, pressing down slightly.

Results

These are nothing but yummy!  Although, I personally sometimes have issues with the raw flour in the filling and it makes my through itch a little.  However, it doesn't stop me from enjoying these delicious brownies.



Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think!










Linking to:
Strut Your Stuff Thursday
Foodie Friday
Potluck Sunday
Made By You Monday
Making Your Home Sing
Homemaker Mondays
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Tuesday at the Table
Homemaking Link-up
We Did it Wednesday
Domestically Devine Linkup

14 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks scrumptious! I'll have to try those when my son gets home from school. He loves Brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sweetie...
    Oh my gosh, does this ever look wonderful. Sounds scrumptous and looks so moist. I could smell the chocolate before I got the page totally opened. Yummy for sure.

    Thank you for the wonderful recipe. I have to tell you it looks so beautiful made in a bundt pan. Now who would have thought? I think for the holiday cheer, I might add a few cherries around the top, or a few plastic hollies would be colorful. I need to make a little something for the Christmas party and you just helped me out sweet friend. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Hope you have a gorgeous Thursday. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen these before but they do look scrumptious. If I have time I'd like to give them a try. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH do these look amazing! I would eat way too many. I am looking forward to trying these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound so tasty! I am bookmarking this to try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, cookie dough IN brownies? Must be heaven! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks yummy! How can you resist chocolate? Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at cookie dough and brownies. Oh my goodness, I have to try these. Goodbye diet! Thanks for linking up to Homemaker Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post couldn't have come at a better time. I'm PMSing and these just look heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks heavenly. The cake/brownies look so moist.

    Thanks for sharing this recipe with us and linkup to Domestically Divine.

    God bless,

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a yummy cake!
    Stopping by from FAR's link up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the brownie, cookie dough combination! It looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! How scrumptious!

    I'd love for you to stop by my blog on Thursday for my Christmas Recipe Party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This chocolate lover thanks you from the bottom of her heart! These look diet busting!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.