Saturday, December 11, 2010

Movie Review: "Tangled"

Tangled (2010) Poster




Movie Description:

When the kingdom's most wanted -- and most charming -- bandit Flynn Rider hides out in a mysterious tower, he's taken hostage by Rapunzel, a beautiful and feisty tower-bound teen with 70 feet of magical, golden hair. Flynn's curious captor, who's looking for her ticket out of the tower where she's been locked away for years, strikes a deal with the handsome thief and the unlikely duo sets off on an action-packed escapade, complete with a super-cop horse, an over-protective chameleon and a gruff gang of pub thugs.

Genres: Action/Adventure, Kids/Family, Musical/Performing Arts, Animation and Adaptation

Running Time: 100 hr.

MPAA Rating: PG for brief mild violence.

Mandy Moore: Voice of Rapunzel


Zachary Levi: Voice of Flynn Rider

My Thoughts:

The girls and I went to see this movie with a friend and her girls.  It was mine and Laken's first 3-D movie and at first Laken didn't want to put the glasses on.  When I finally talked her into putting them on she was amazed and started laughing.  The 3-D definitely added a great deal to the movie.

I loved, loved, loved the storyline.  I loved Repunzel's character and also Flynn's.  The action was just right as well as the comedy.

I don't want to give away the ending, but it was perfect!   Exactly what I was hoping would happen.

This was probably the best animated movie I've seen in quite a while.  The storyline as well as the 3-D contributed alot to this.

Can you answer me a question?  Does finding a animated hero quite handsome mean I'm an old married woman with no romance in her life?  Because I thought Flynn was "smokin"!  I'm laughing at myself right now, so go ahead and laugh too!

Did you see the movie?  What did you think?







3 comments:

  1. I wanted to see it b/c my 4 year old is obsessed with Rapunzel stuff this year. But I saw it was PG and didn't know if it would be appropriate for her. She will be 5 in a month. What ages are your kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it yet, but have heard lots of good things!
    And I think it's time to go on a date with your real live prince charming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet my grandkids would love to see this. Thanks for the review, I hadn't really thought of seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.