Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Book Review ~ Apple Pie and Trouble by Amber Crewes ~ 10/16/2024


~~~~~~~~~~~~


Title:   Apple Pie and Trouble by Amber Crewes
Series:  Sandy Bay Cozy Mystery Book #1
Pages:  72
Date Published:  July 20.2018
Publisher:  Pen-n-a-Pad Publishing
Stars:  ***

 Blurb:

The first book in the Sandy Bay Cozy Mystery series!

Meghan Truman always had a dream to become a Hollywood actress. Hollywood decided she wasn’t good enough. She left Hollywood broken but with a burning desire to start afresh in the Pacific Northwest, pursuing her second dream – opening a bakery. She never expected that the owner of a rival establishment would be found dead and all eyes would be focused on her as the prime suspect.

As the new girl in town with a new bakery store, she’s determined to clear her name and find the murderer; otherwise she’ll have to leave Sandy Bay penniless and pitiful and possibly the murderer’s next victim.

No cliffhanger, swearing or graphic scenes!

My Thoughts:

Well, that was a whirlwind mystery!

I didn't realize this book was as short as it is and it only took me about an hour to read.  I know cozy mysteries are quick reads but this is probably the fastest one I've ever read.  I'm not complaining because it was super fun :)

Amber Crewes, a new-to-me-author, did a good job writing a likable character in Meghan, Karen, Jack and Lori.  I also enjoyed the fact that it was set in a bakery.

I gave this book a 3* rating because I wanted MORE!  More of the story.  More of the characters.  More of Shady Bay.  Maybe that means I'll have to check out the rest of the series.

I had downloaded this book from Amazon on my Kindle a while ago and finally got a chance to read it.

Onto the next book :)


I read this book while partaking in 3 readathons:

Journey Through the Bible 3.0 - Cozy Mystery Prompt

Cozy Cottage Readathon - Fresh Baking Prompt

Annetober - Free square

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.