Thursday, May 11, 2017

Book Review ~ Farm Fresh Murder by Paige Shelton ~ 5/11/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
7100504
 
Blurb:
 
  First in the Farmer's Market Mystery Series.

Becca Robins leads a simple life, making jams and preserves on her very own farm. But when there's a murder in her quaint little town, she puts herself in the line of fire to defend her friend's innocence-and goes from making jam to being in one...
 
Becca is late for her stall time at Bailey's Farmers' Market.  By the time she arrives, the normally lush and lively market has turned into a crime scene, with a murdered peach vendor as the featured item of the day.
 
Cranky old Abner Justen sells wildflowers and is like a father to Becca.  It seems he's also the number one suspect, seen arguing with the victim just days before.  As Becca seeks the truth, she comes to realize that life in the friendly farmers' market is filled with bushels of secrets and deceit.  To preserve her own life, she'll have to sniff out the murderer before he spoils the market for everyone... 

My Thoughts:
 
I was on a break for a while.  From just about all my hobbies, including reading.
 
The lovely Spring weather and talking about planting gardens had me picking up this book from my shelf.  It was the perfect book to get me back into reading.
 
I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Bailey's Farmers' Market.
 
The characters were fun to get to know and left me wanting to know even more about them.  Especially, Ian...  hehe
 
The mystery, itself, was well written and had me guessing.  Every time I thought I had it figured out another twist was thrown in.
 
There was a bit of bad language throughout the book but not bad enough to reduce my enjoyment of reading it.
 
I can't wait to get to my local farmers' market now!
  
~~~~~~~

For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cute book. I have yet to start on cozy mysteries yet. This could be my first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun one! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week! Always a pleasure having you!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely read modern fiction, but your review makes this books sound super fun. I always hate it when there's bad language in a book, but I get it - sometimes one has to compromise if the rest of the story is otherwise decent. Thanks for sharing your review at Literacy Musing Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.