Monday, May 29, 2017

Stardust Melodies CAL ~ Block #3 Don't Fence Me In ~ 5/29/17

 
 
Block 3
 "Don't Fence Me In"

The Stardust Melodies CAL is hosted by Polly Plum's Posse and can be found at www.everytrickonthehook.com  .  All the blocks (both free and paid) will be based around a classic song.  (I'll only be making the free patterns so that will be the odd numbered blocks.)


I'm really enjoying learning new blocks and stitch combinations in the CAL.  The pattern was very easy to read, which I'm thinking must be a Polly Plum attribute.
 
This is a very dense block that needed careful counting but once I was on the second or third block, I had it down pat.

 
I really like how adding the cream round and the mushroom round really set off the block.
 
I now have 8 block out of 48 complete for this CAL.

 
 For your listening pleasure here is Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters with "Don't Fence Me In".  I love me some Bing :)
 




The newest free block, Block #5, was released today:  "Where or When"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.