Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
I had never actually eaten at a Mexican restaurant until after my brother's wedding. We had a reception at their favorite restaurant, El Jinete. I ordered chicken and cheese quesadilla and it was DELICIOUS! I would definitely go back just to eat that again :)
We don't really celebrate Cinco do Mayo here in PA. Sometimes the school kids do for a special event to break up the testing that usually goes on in May.
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
I've never been to Mexico and it really isn't on my list of places I'd like to visit. I did take 2 years of Spanish in High School though but only remember a few simple phrases.
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
Our building permit was approved, so we'd like to get a lot accomplished on the "West Wing" in May.
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
I've never really considered running for public office but if I were mayor of our town, I would crack down on the ATV's that are running on the streets like cars!
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
I enjoy the Star Wars movies but just like I would any other movie. I guess I'm about a 4????
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
Wow, that was interesting! It was a post about me making fabric postcards for National Puzzle Day. I don't really quilt or sew much any more although the idea of returning to that hobby has been niggling at the back of my mind lately.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Lilacs are my absolute flower and scent. We're lucky to have quite a few on our property. I could sniff them all day long!
I'd love to return the visit! Please leave a comment and a link!