Friday, May 5, 2017

Tea Time ~ A New Car and My Swing ~ 5/5/17


 
Grab a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or your favorite drink
while I share a few things that made me smile this week :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~My old van finally bit the dust.  So we got a new to us Dodge Nitro!  It actually starts and gets me where I want to go!  I'm very excited about this :)


~My dearest husband brought my swing up from our old house!  I love my swing and really missed going out to sit and relax.  I enjoy swinging while watching the kids play, while I read and especially sitting beside said husband and swinging in the evening :)


~I read an amazing book this week (partially on the above swing!) called "It Had to Be You" by Susan May Warren.  I absolutely loved it even though it was set in Minnesota in the middle of January.  BRRRR :)

18232501

~I love watching my girls be creative!  We bought this statue at Wal-mart for my Mom.  Laken and Mom decided to give it some color.  They had some good quality time painting together :)


~Tennis for Kaylee is officially over for her Junior year!  I'm sad and glad at the same time.  I enjoy watching her play but, man, was it cold a few evenings!  There were also some very late nights due to away matches.  I guess I'm a Tennis Mom :)


 
What made you smile this week?

Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!
 


8 comments:

  1. What made me smile this week, was one glorious, sunny day in the midst of a week of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So important to have a dependable car -- especially with kids! I'd love to have a swing. I don't think there is room in my postage stamp back yard! I'm always interested to see what everyone is reading. Creativity rocks! Good for you, tennis mom! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minnesota in January is very cold! My daughter just moved there in January and OMgoodness I'd never been so cold!

    Love your swing. Looks like it would be fun to just hang out and read. Congrats on your new truck!

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy for you with a new car and all. Looks like a great car to transport the young ones in. Your swing looks so inviting. I might get a book finished if I had a lovely swing like that to read in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of swinging whilst watching the children, I bet they all pile on too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love swings like that. Enjoy your new car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always good to have a car that starts and goes. Love your swing, must be great sitting, swinging and reading. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your new car is awesome, shame you haven't still got the late tennis nights, I'm sure it would have been perfect! No doubt the girls will move on to other activities where the car is needed!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.