Thursday, May 25, 2017

Book Review ~ LFYI Daisy Oklahoma by Janice Hanna ~ 5/25/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
13120365
 
Blurb:
 
  Love blooms in unlikely places. In 1912, two years after a tornado left many children homeless, the town of Daisy, Oklahoma, needs help with its orphanage. Enter Rena Jewel, 38 years old and still single, who longs to do something important with her life. A lover of flowers, Rena believes the letter from Daisy to be a sign from the Lord, and she promises to help.
 
Sheriff Gene Wyatt is a widowed father struggling to control 23 unruly orphans--and to keep his own two boys from burning down the town. So when he receives word that help is on the way, Gene rejoices. Until he meets Rena, that is--a genteel and far too pretty woman whom he assumes is not up to the challenge. And after meeting the children, Rena begins to agree with him! At her wits' end, she helps the children plant a garden and slowly earns their respect and obedience.
 
The new orphanage director arrives just as the garden begins to bloom, and Rena must decide whether she can leave the town, the children--and the man--she's come to love. 

My Thoughts:
 
 I've really enjoyed the "Love Finds You In" series.
 
I love the fact that the heroine isn't a typical romance heroine.  Rena (not sure if it is Ren-nay or Ree-na) is 38 years-old.  I love stories where the characters are a bit older especially as I've gotten "older".  ahem...
 
I really enjoyed getting to know the characters and the town of Daisy, OK.  The children were precocious and precious at the same time.
 
I like how the author started each chapter with "Tips for Dealing with Unruly Young'uns" written by different residents of Daisy.  It really gave insight into that character and added a lot to the story.
 
The love story was sweet and really fun to read.  There were some unexpected twists that I really enjoyed also, but I don't want to give too much away!
 
You should definitely give this book and the other LFYI books a read.
 

For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Flip Flop Swap
http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/05/flip-flop-swap-sign-ups-end-6217.html
 
I'm hosting a Flip Flop Swap.
Sign-ups end June 2, 2017.
  Click HERE for more information.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home



3 comments:

  1. Recently I have been reading books set in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The choice of a garden in this story catches my interest, I enjoyed your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a romanticist and love gardening so I would love this! Thanks for sharing with SYC
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing this post at Booknificent Thursdays on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.