Monday, May 1, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 5/1/17

 

 
Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy May Day, Everyone!

The weather outside is::::

It was a gorgeous weekend with beautiful weather and a few thunderstorms.

Today, we're supposed to have high's in the 80's and a few showers.

I'll take it!
 


On my breakfast plate:
 
Honey Nut Cheerios and Diet Dr. Pepper :)
  
As I look around the house::::
 
I see the after-effects of a very busy weekend. 
Dishes in the sink.  Laundry to be washed, etc., etc., etc.

On today's to do list::::

Bible reading
Blog writing/visiting
Housework
Write letters
Walk
 
Happening this week::::
 
Monday.... Housework, write letters, walk.
Tuesday...  Clean, laundry.
Wednesday... Menu and Grocery List, Schedule for next week, Prayer Meeting, Walk.
Thursday... Groceries, Bills.
Friday....Laundry, Walk
Saturday....Weigh-In.

Currently reading::::

18232501

I finished up "Farm Fresh Murder" last night.  Next on my pile is one of my go-to authors, Susan May Warren.  I read the first book in this series and loved it.  I can't wait to get started on this one.
 
On the TV::::

The Voice
Pirates Baseball

 
On the Radio:::

This week for Songs on Sunday I featured  "Beloved" by Jordan Feliz.
 
On the menu this week::::

Monday - Ham Pot Pie
Tuesday - Fish, Homemade Shells and Cheese
Wednesday -  Cheeseburgers and Seasoned Fries
Thursday - Chicken and Rice
Friday -  Pizza
Saturday - Bacon, Eggs, Toast
Sunday - Dinner at Church


What I am creating at the moment::::

I still didn't get a current picture of Kaylee's Giant Granny Square Afghan.

I did work on it this week though and only have 3 1/2 more rounds.  Each round is taking longer and longer to complete.


 
From the Camera:::
 
I took a ton of pictures this week.  It was good to get the camera out again.  Here is one of my favorites:
 
 
 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
 

8 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by Susan May Warren. I'll have to check her out. Sounds like you had a busy week. I wish our temperatures were like yours. I think our predicted high today is in the 40s. Come see my week here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our local hiking trails goes right through an old ranch. They've turned the old red barn into a museum and I usually have to snap a photo of it when I'm there hiking.

    Saturday was my the junior to cadette bridging ceremony in San Francisco. My daughter and I are sore and sunburnt from our adventure but we had fun. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful afghan! Such vivid and bold colors. The picture of the red barn is lovely. Looks so peaceful there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade Shells and Cheese sounds delicious! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your granny square afghan, so pretty :) I absolutely LOVE red barns, so really enjoyed your picture.

    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your roundup! The barn- awesome!! And the granny squares-- totally close to my heart! And the verse is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing! Blessings on you as the Lord guides your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun summary of your week... love the barn picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came here for the granny square afghan you are working on, but I really like the idea of this post with all about the weather, what you are reading, photos you've taken, etc. It's like a digital journal entry kind of, and I love that!
    I am running a year long Granny-Spiration Challenge, and would love if you came and linked up with us :) There’s also a crochet pattern giveaway going on right now. It can be found here: http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2017/05/two-grannies-headband-free-crochet.html
    Alexandra of EyeLoveKnots

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.