Thursday, May 18, 2017

Book Review ~ It Had to Be You by Susan May Warren ~ 5/18/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
18232501 
 
Blurb:
 
  Eden Christiansen never imagined her role as her younger brother Owen's cheerleader would keep her on the sidelines of her own life. Sure, it feels good to be needed, but looking after the reckless NHL rookie leaves little time for Eden to focus on her own career. She dreamed of making a name for herself as a reporter, but is stuck writing obits--and starting to fear she doesn't have the chops to land a major story. If only someone would step up to mentor Owen . . . but she knows better than to expect help from team veteran and bad-boy enforcer Jace Jacobsen.
 
Jace has built his career on the infamous reputation of his aggressive behavior--on and off the ice. Now at a crossroads about his future in hockey, that reputation has him trapped. And the guilt-trip he's getting from Eden Christiansen isn't making things any easier. But when Owen's carelessness leads to a career-threatening injury and Eden stumbles upon a story that could be her big break, she and Jace are thrown together . . . and begin to wonder if they belong on the same team after all. 

My Thoughts:
 
I adored this book!
 
I adored the characters, the setting, the plot...everything!
 
I love when the author makes you fall in love right along with the characters :)
Jace....sigh.....
 
Right now, I'm gearing up to enjoy Spring and Summer so I wasn't completely sure this was the right time to read a book about Minnesota in January!  But it was amazing!!
 
The main story itself was great but I also loved the two side stories that were taking place.  It may sound confusing but it wasn't at all.
 
This author, Susan May Warren, is one of absolute favorites and this book solidified that for me.
 
This book was the second book of the Christiansen Family series.  I loved the first book and can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series to find out what happens with all the siblings!
 
A must read!

For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Flip Flop Swap
http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/05/flip-flop-swap-sign-ups-end-6217.html
 
I'm hosting a Flip Flop Swap.
Sign-ups end June 2, 2017.
  Click HERE for more information.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home



4 comments:

  1. Swinging by from Book Beginnings to see what you are reading. This book looks lovely. Glad you enjoyed it. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover and title seem so familiar, but I don't recognize the storyline at all! Guess I need to read it! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your book review at the #LMMLinkup!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.