Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday 9 ~ Your Mama Don't Dance ~ 5/10/14




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Your Mama Don't Dance 1972

Click HERE to listen to the song.

1) This song is about how the older generation often doesn't understand what the younger generation is up to. Do you keep up with trends?


I don't necessarily try to keep up with the trends, but having a 13 year old daughter does keep me a bit in the loop.




2) This song was in the top 10 in 1972, which is also the year HBO was introduced. Do you have any premium cable channels?



I actually just called last week and cancelled  our premium channels.  Without them, we'll be saving $50 a month!




3) Mother Winters taught Sam how to kill the lingering food smells in her microwave (take a bowl of water, add a few drops of vanilla extract, and heat it in the microwave). Do you have any useful household hints to pass along?



What a great idea!  I can't really think of anything right now....

4) The French word for "mother" is "mère." What other French words do you know?



Bon apetit!

5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?


Yes!  And I'm loving it!





6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought? 


I guess the most recent one I bought would have been the hubby and girls at Valentine's Day.

7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet? 



Lol!!  That's funny!

8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she's still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward "neat" or "messy?"



Let's just say I LOVE a neat and tidy house, but I HATE cleaning.  So, I'm about half and half.
  
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away candy bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?


Yummy!  Milk chocolate with almonds, please!

Happy Saturday!

I'd love for you to come Like my Facebook Page!  Pretty please?


9 comments:

  1. I had to laugh about putting away the winter clothes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had a 90 degree day, so my winter clothes are probably done until October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pink blossoms! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice questions and even nicer answers. We have put away the winter things here in upstate/western NY. Yesterday it was 85*..about time, if you ask me, lol. Blessings ( and Happy Mother's Day)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We cancelled premium when we moved and I haven't missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think of all the fun stuff you can do with the extra fifty bucks a month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness for the daughters who keep us in the loop :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The free year of HBO I have now is my first foray in premium channels. It's been great fun. But I doubt I can afford it when the year is up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that Netflix is cheaper than the premium channels and now Netflix have thier own shows

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.