Sunday, May 25, 2014

Make It Monday ~ DIY Beach Towel Tote ~ 5/26/14



Are you ready to hit the beach this Memorial Day?  I know I am.  In fact, I might be there right now!

I'll be taking along my new Beach Towel Tote to lug all our beach equipment.

Forgive me, but I don't remember where I saw this idea.  If anyone knows, please message me so I can give credit where credit is due.

Items needed:

1 Towel (Wal-mart)
2 yards Mesh Strap (Joann's)
Sewing Machine
Pins
Tape Measure


First, cut the mesh into 1 yard pieces.


Next, measure in 5" from the side of the towel and 2" down from the top.  Pin the strap in place.  Do this for all four corners/ends.


Use your sewing machine to sew the mesh securely to the towel.  I sewed a box and then made an "X" for good measure.  Do this for all 4 corners



Turn the towel inside out and pin up the sides.  Sew up each side about 2 inches from the edge.  You can go back over it for a second pass if you would like.


Turn the towel/bag right side out and there you go!


A super huge, beach towel tote that can be thrown right in the washing machine along with the dirty, wet towels.  (Special thanks to my daughter for modeling it even though she didn't really want to :)

I can't wait to give it a try!



I'd love for you to come Like my Facebook Page!  Pretty please?


1 comment:

  1. This is such an easy but useful project. I would place some books inside and use the tote as a soft place to sit on the sand too... Thanks for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.