Sunday, May 11, 2014

Misc. Monday ~ DIY Wreath ~ 4/12/14


Last weekend my Mom and I made a wreath for my front door.  It was a basic grape-vine wreath that my Dad made me and some flowers.


I liked it.  For about a week.

It was just missing something.  I thought, maybe some tealish colored flowers for some pop.  So, I went on the hunt.

Instead of buying more flowers to add to it, I decided to try my hand at using the mesh ribbon.  I found the perfect color of it for $2.77 for a 10 yard roll.  Perfect.

I called my Mom to come help me.  (It was a nice mother/daughter project).  We stripped the wreath back down to the bare bones.  BTW, my Dad made this from wild grape-vines that grow behind their house.


We added the mesh by tying it onto the wreath.  Then we rearranged the flowers back onto it.




Much better!  Not perfect but I love it!


I'd love for you to come Like my Facebook Page!  Pretty please?


4 comments:

  1. The mesh made the difference! Totally! Thanks for visiting me at Hope in the Healing so I could enjoy your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath!!! Great job!!

    Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coletta...I have to agree that I like it with the mesh better. Looks fuller and the color pops. Thank you for sharing your project at WJIM this week. I'm glad you did.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.