Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekly Bible Study Update ~ 1/30/11


1/23/11-1/29/11

1st Place for Health.  
"God's Best for Your Life". 
Week 2 ~ "God's Best for Your Spiritual Life".

God's Best for Your Life  -     
        By: First Place 4 Health
Memory Verse:  "Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from My decrees and have not kept them.  Return to Me, and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty."  Malachi 3:7

Day 1:  Changing From the Inside Out
Day 2:  Dressing for Battle
Day 3:  Confronting the Enemy
Day 4:  Freedom Through Repentance
Day 5:  Enjoying Your Relationship with God
Day 6:  Reflection and Application
Day 7:  Reflection and Application

I stayed current on my 1st Place studies this week and I'm really enjoying this particular book.

This week it focused on Salvation, Spiritual Armour, Scripture Memorization, Repentance, Praise, Confession, summing up with Our Spiritual Relationship with God.

As the memory verse states, "Return to Me, and I will return to you," requires us to make the first move.  God is waiting and watching.

From the Week 3 Introduction:
"All God has ever wanted from His people is for us to honor, respect, trust and love Him above all earthy things, the same way He loves us.  Everything--physical, emotional, relational, spiritual--stems from our devotion to Him.  Nothing in our life will be right until we get it right with the Lord."
*********
"Walking With Women Through the Word" with Wendy Pope
One Year Chronological Bible in the New Living Translation.
January 23- January 29, 2011

NLT One Year Chronological Bible, Large Print Softcover  -

There were 2 days this week that instead of reading my passage for the day in the night, I waited until the next morning.  But I am current and on track!
This week has been alot of back and forth between Job and his friends.  I love when Elihu comes into the picture and gives them, as Wendy Pope titled her post that day, a "Holy What For!"

Elihu was younger and therefore kept his mouth shut until he could no longer stand it then he let them have it.  He defended God and His authority, power and abilities.  I love, love, loved it!

I am enjoying this "class" so much!  I look forward to reading the daily passage as well as watching Wendy's vlog and reading my classmates' comments.

Come join us.  You can start anytime.
**********

 "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst.  
Online Bible Studies with Melissa Taylor.
Chapters 4-6

Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food  -     
        By: Lysa TerKeurst

Chapter 4:  Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Before Thinking
Chapter 5:  Made for More
Chapter 6:  Growing Closer to God

Our key word for this week was "DETERMINATION" and, boy, did I need it.  Determination to stick with the exercise and food plan got me through the week.

Traditionally, the third week for me is where it gets the hardest, so I ask for prayers for me to continue with my efforts and not give-in to temptation.  Temptation to eat food that isn't on my food plan and tempation to not exercise.

Chapter 5 has really made me look at myself in a different manner.  Most times we only see our faults and then define ourselves by them.  We then automatically think that is how others see us.  It is a vicious cycle that is false.

I am a child of God.  Forgiven, set-free, accepted, holy, made-new, loved, close, confident and victorious.  All through Christ.  And I am made for more than a cycle of failure ruled by my body's desires.

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:13-14

*****

Have a great week everyone!
 

Please see my side bar for the wonderful places I'll be linking to!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're taking this class and enjoying it. I'm glad you are sharing it with us.
    Have a wonderful week in the Word.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.