Monday, January 17, 2011

Caramel Pecan Praline Bars

I adapted my version of this recipe from the one I found at http://www.whiskandaprayer.com/.

I used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of white chocolate and used a smaller baking pan so they would be a bit thicker.


Caramel Pecan Praline Bars 

Crust
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup pecan halves

Caramel Layer
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips (your preference of flavor)

Heat oven to 350.

Combine all crust ingredients except pecans in large bowl.  Beat at medium speed until mixture resembles fine crumbes.

Press onto bottom of ungreased 13X9 baking pan.  Use a smaller pan for a thicker bar.

Place pecans evenly over unbaked crust.  Combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in 1 quart saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring contantly, until entire surfaceof mixture begins to boil.  Boil 1 minute, stirring contantly.

Pour evenly over pecans and crust.

Bake for 18-22 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly.  DO NOT OVERBAKE.  Remove from oven.

Immediately sprinkle with chips; allow to melt slightly (2-3 minutes).  Swirl chips leaving some whole for a marbled effect.

Cool completely.  Cut into bars.

Pour a big glass of milk and enjoy!

My Results:

This recipe is really easy to make.  I whipped it up quick to take to a Harvester Meeting.  As for the taste:  gooey goodness!  No need to say more.

Let me know if you try this out.  It is definitely worth it!

Please see my side bar for the places I'll be linking to!

12 comments:

  1. This is one of my most favorite holiday recipes. MMM! I think I gained a pound just drooling over your gorgeous pictures! Thanks -

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks yummy and I am all about easy recipes! Thanks for sharing and for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now that is a bar. What a marvelous thing to be able to sink your teeth into. By the way, I'll be starting a new linky on my blog this Saturday called "Sweets for a Saturday". Feel free to come by and link these up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely decadent!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmm! Passing this recipe on to a friend that is a Pecan Fanatic.
    Also- Wanted to invite you to paricipate in a weekly linky recipe event I host titled Seasonal Sundays! You have many recipes that fit the theme nicely.
    xo, Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good! I'm craving something sweet right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, those definitely look like a yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these ingredients. Can't wait to try them :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks absolutely delicious!

    I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by and submit an entry. Good Luck.

    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so gooey and delicious! I'd have to make them to share though- I'd be too tempted to eat the whole pan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I truly appreciate your support and hope that you'll be able to join in again next Saturday. By then I'll have a cute button that you can grab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw you on Foodie Friday!

    The word Praline caught my eye and I had to check out the post!! These look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.