Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Little Darling Youth Crochet Cap

My youngest, Laken, wanted me to make her a hat to wear.  She gets really concerned about messing up her hair and apparently hoods are bad but hats are OK.

Click HERE for the pattern I used from Crochet Mania Hats.


Laken picked the rainbow color called "Bikini" from Red Heart Super Saver Yarn.


I used a J Hook and added a few extra rows because my kids have big heads and I have the c-section scars to prove it!


It now has the requested flower on the side but I didn't get a picture of it after the addition.

It was fun to make this hat for Laken.  She watched my progress and kept telling me I needed to work on her hat.  She's a slave driver.  Just ask Grandma.


Please see my side bar for the great places I'll be linking to!

4 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You should teach the girls how to crochet. I wish I would have learned knitting at a much earlier age than I did. Still wanting to learn crochet...just need to find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Thank you for linking up to Fibers on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she looks adorable! I love the bright colors that you chose. What a joy to be able to make something for your daughter! (Who knew hoods were "bad," lol!)

    Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.