Monday, January 24, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Bars

I had some Rice Chex left from the Peanut Butter Chex Bars and decided to try a chocolate variation.  Yum.

I found the recipe for the original bars at http://www.simpleorganizedliving.com/.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Bars

6 cups Rice Chex cereal
1/2 cup party peanuts
1 c. honey or corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
Handful of Chocolate Chips (for good measure!)
Line a 9 X 13 pan with wax paper.

In a large bowl, mix cereal, chocolate chips and peanuts; set aside

In a small saucepan, hear corn syrup, cocoa and sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly.

Stir in peanut butter until smooth.  Remove from heat.

Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixter; toss until evenly coated.

Press firmly in pan.  Cool 15 minutes. (if you can wait that long!)



Results:

Although I loved the peanut butter, I love-loved the chocolate peanut butter.  Sometimes I feel like just peanut butter.  Sometimes I feel like the choco-pb combo.

These were so good.  I took them to Coffee Break at Church and they were gone in no time.  Only crumbs left.  Crumbs taste great too you know.
Here's a close-up.


Let me know if you give them a try!








Please see my side bar for all the great parties I'll be linking up to!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I can already feel my cholesterol go up! A beautiful sight indeed! Thos look so wonderful, that I think Ill have to whip up a batch for this evening! haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo those look yummy! Have you ever tried making Chex Muddy Buddies? They're REALLY yummy too!

    XOXO~ Renee
    GO STEELERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh, yummy! Wish I could reach right thru the computer screen and grab some, lol!

    Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate was a great addition! Those look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yum! These Bars look amazing...I must try one very soon. Thank you so much for bringing them to Full Plate Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - these sound delicious! If I made them I'd probably be tempted to eat the whole pan. Yum.
    Thanks so much for linking up.
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.