Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekly Bible Study Update ~ 1/16/11

To keep my brain from turning to mush, I've joined a few free online Bible studies this year as well as keeping my 1st Place study.

They are all a study based on a daily schedule but I decided to just do one weekly update on all three.


First, is my 1st Place for Health.  We are starting a new book today called "God's Best for Your Life".  This week's study will focus on "God's Best for Your Physical Life".  Oh boy!
God's Best for Your Life  -     
        By: First Place 4 Health


The second, I've already mentioned, is the "Walking With Women Through the Word" with Wendy Pope.  It is a daily read-through-the Bible of the One Year Chronological Bible in the New Living TranslationWendy does a daily video to discuss that days reading.

NLT One Year Chronological Bible, Large Print Softcover  -



The third, which starts today, is a 6 week study of "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst.  The study is run by Melissa Taylor.  There is a schedule of when to read what chapter, do the questions, etc.

Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food  -     
        By: Lysa TerKeurst



I think I'll add to my SAHM status that I'm a "Student of the Word".  That is what I feel like.  Like I'm starting a new semester and am a little scared.  But come on.  I handled alot more than 3 classes when I was in high school and college.  And these will probably only take maybe 15 minutes a piece per day.  I'm going to split them up throughout the day so I don't get too confused.

There will probably be days that I'll have to play catch-up as life will no doubt interfere.  It has a tendancy to do that.  At least with me.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about posting my testimony.  I still have it in the answer form and haven't had a chance to actually essay-tize it.  I will do that though and post it.  We had a great time discussing this during our 1st Place class this morning.

I hope everyone has a good week.  I'll let you know how I do with my studies this week.


Please see my side bar for the wonderful places I'll be linking to!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are so "into the word". I'm glad you are sharing with us each week. You are a blessing.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.