Thursday, January 6, 2011

Book Review: "Love Is a Battlefield" by Annalisa Daughety

A Walk in the Park ~ Book 1

Love Is a Battlefield (A Walk in the Park, Bk 1)
 
Book Description:
 
Take a walk in Shiloh National Military Park in this fun, fast-paced romance by Annalisa Daughety, a new voice in women's contemporary fiction. Recent history has taught Kristy O'Neal not to believe in love or risk her heart.
 
Ace Kennedy came to Shiloh to research his family history--but it's Park Ranger Kristy he's studying. Using his own ancestors as an example, can he prove that true love really does exist before Kristy walks away forever?
 
My Thoughts:
 
This was such a fun book to read!  And, believe me, I needed some diversion this wee!
 
I, of course, love history and love visiting State Parks.  One of our favorite vacations is to rent a Cabin in a State Park and explore for the week.
 
When we went to Fort Niagra this summer there were park workers who had to dress up in period uniforms and they did the demonstrations with the weapons and cannons.  They also had videos to watch telling about the history.  It was so fun reading about some of those things in this book.
 
I really enjoyed how the story unfolded.  It was so smooth and enjoyable to read.  The love story in the book was sweet and didn't feel forced.
 
Also, if you have escape artist dogs, like Kristy and me, you'll enjoy the antics of Sam.
 
This book introduces Kristy's two best friends who are the leading ladies in the next two book of this series.  I'm really looking forward to reading more about them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please check out the great parties I'm linking up to on my side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.