Thursday, January 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Chex Bars

I wanted to make something new but didn't feel like actually baking so I pulled this no-bake recipe out of my "Recipes to Try" folder.

I originally found the recipe at http://www.simpleorganizedliving.com/.


Peanut Butter Chex Bars

6 cups Rice Chex cereal
1/2 cup party peanuts
1 c. honey or corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter

Line a 9 X 13 pan with wax paper.

In a large bowl, mix cereal and peanuts; set aside

In a small saucepan, hear corn syrup and sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly.

Stir in peanut butter until smooth.  Remove from heat.

Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixter; toss until evenly coated.

Press firmly in pan.  Cool 15 minutes. (if you can wait that long!)


Results:

I loved it.  Doug loved it.  The girls didn't like the peanuts in it but that is normal for kids, I guess.  Oh well, more for us.

Rice Chex is my favorite of all the Chex cereals.  Add peanut butter and sugar and yum, yum, yum.

Here's a close-up.


I'll be taking these to Prayer Meeting/Bible Study tonight to share or else I'd probably eat them all.

These would be great for a picnic or game night.  Let me know if you give them a try!








Please see my side bar for all the great parties I'll be linking up to!

13 comments:

  1. My mom recently found a sale on Honey Chex mix and we have a BILLION boxes in our house! This would be a great way to use them up... sorry mom, no cereal for you!

    If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious. Love the peanut butter in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...perfect for parties...or any time! :)

    I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good luck.

    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I am now craving these bars. Now I am off to the pantry to search for some chex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are mouth-watering! I make a very similar recipe and we call it Payday Bars. A family favorite for sure - right there at the top of 'make most often' recipes. It's great that you're memorizing the Word too. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bars look so yummy and it sounds great. I'm going to have to save your recipe for later. Thanks for sharing.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to show this recipe to my hubby. He loves peanut butter and sometimes he is in the mood to make some candy! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm, I like this version of a snack mix, peanut butter style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds delicious. I am sure there weren't any leftovers!! Thanks for linking up on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love peanut butter at our house. Can't wait to try this!! I am a new follower and would love for you to come stop by and follow me back at:
    thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I have a little one that loves peanut butter and loves Chex. She is gonna love these.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I just love peanut butter and these sound even better than rice krispie treats, so much crunchier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just made as a suprise for my wife when she gets home from work, I can't stop sneaking bites before they're cool, yum thx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.