Monday, October 21, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 10/21/19

 
Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The weather outside is::::

The temperatures have taken a major dip into the low 30's at night.  I even had to defrost my car on Saturday morning before going to my WW Workshop.
 

 
On my breakfast plate:

English Muffin, Vanilla Chai Tea

As I look around the house::::

Saturday was "work around the house" day at our house so I'm feeling pretty good with how it looks.  It just feels better knowing that everything is nice and clean also.

On today's to do list::::

I need to make a menu and grocery list for the week before going for groceries tomorrow.

I also need to sweep the floors.  AGAIN!  I'd almost swear that I could make a small dog out of all the hair I sweep up every other day.

 
Happening this week::::
 
Devotions:  I missed a few days last week as I wasn't feeling very well.  I'll be getting back on track this week though.

WW:  I lost 21.4 lbs so far on WW.  I lost 1 lb again this week!  WW is going to be rolling out some new plans November 11th, so if you've been thinking of joining, it would be a good time.

Exercise:  I failed, majorly, with getting my exercise this past week.  This week, however, I'm feeling better and I've scheduled exercise time on my calendar.  I think mixing up my exercise routing a bit will help.  Some days I'll go to Planet Fitness, other days a Leslie Sansone DVD and when it is nice out I hope to walk outside.

Housework:  I mentioned above that we accomplished a lot this weekend, so I just need to keep up on the day-to-day maintenance.

Bills:  Not a pay week.

Doug:  Douglas actually let me take him to the Dr on Friday.  (He must have really been feeling poorly!)  Turns out he had bronchitis and the dr. fixed him up with some meds.  He's feeling much better now :)

Kaylee:  Kaylee had a little spaz-out on Friday.  She took a Financial Accounting test and thought for sure that she failed!  She ended up getting an 84%!  As her daddy likes to tell her:  "C's get degrees!"

Laken:  Tonight is Laken's last Volleyball game for the season!  Whoohoo!  I love watching her play but I need a break from driving 30 minutes one-way to pick her up from practice and games each night.

Currently reading::::
 
I've decided to move onto the next book to see if I can get out of my reading funk.  That book is:
 

 
 On the TV::::

Home & Family
All the NCIS's
All Rise
Buff City Law
Stumptown

Movies:

Toy Story 4
Run the Race

Listening to:

Sirius XM The Message
Sirius XM The Highway
KLOVE
 
On the menu this week::::
 
Monday -  Chinese, Rice
Tuesday - Chili, Cornbread
Wednesday -  Weiner Winks, Curly Fries
Thursday  - Ravioli, Garlic Bread
Friday -  Chicken, Chessy Pots
Saturday -  Pork Chops, Homemade Mac-n-cheese
Sunday - Potluck at Church


What I am creating at the moment::::
 
I finished the Think Pink Prayer Shawl as well as a Heather Gray Prayer Shawl.  I'm currently working on a Christmas Baby Blanket to add to Colletta's Kitchen Sink Shop.  Hopefully, I can show you a picture of the finished project next week :) 
 
Picture From the Camera
 
 

Devotion/Inspiration
"The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."
 
Proverbs 18:10 NIV
 
 
Colletta

10 comments:

  1. Colletta,

    I came by one day last week and I like this little hop that you do. Maybe at some point I can join in but last week I was on vacation so I'm not sure when I can work it in my schedule. Hopefully I can get into the groove to do this soon! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a mixed week. I hope you are feeling better. I was a WW members years ago and was thinking about rejoining. I have been pretty good about exercise on weekdays but not so good on weekends. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a normal week, some good and some bad. looks like a good choice with the book
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have been wayward with my exercise last week. Good job on the weight loss. Glad your husband is feeling better - Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on your WW goals! I keep trying to schedule in some work-out time at home for myself, but it hasn't happened yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My big excitement today was grocery shopping. Ha ha. Have a good week. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your weight loss! Love that prayer shawl! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, I don’t have my glasses on so when I read your first sentence I though you needed to defrost your cat for a second, lol.

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was excited for band practices to end and that's only a 5-10 minute drive for me, can't imagine 30 minute drives. Very pretty prayer shawl. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooooo late this week. Please forgive my tardiness. Sounds like you had a very busy week I hope it was a GREAT week. See you again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.