Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Read, Crochet, Repeat ~ 1/16/13

Today, I was so excited to find a bloggy party that combines two of my loves:  reading and yarn!  Ginny @ Small Things holds a weekly Wednesday gathering where we can show off what project we are working on as well as what book we are reading.  So fun!

While most of the participants are knitters, I'll be representing the crocheters :)

My current read and project are:


I'm about a third of the way through "Love Finds You in Glacier Bay Alaska".  I've read many of the "Love Finds You In" books and I got this one to read in exchange for a review.

Ginny is a budding singer who is getting ready to sign a major contract deal.  It will be a very big commitment and she feels the need to get advice her former fiance, Brett, who lives in Glacier Bay.  When she gets to Glacier Bay,  Brett is out on a camping trip and Ginny ends up staying for a few days with Brett's grandmother instead of at the small town's only motel.  Brett has just gotten back from his trip, so we'll see what happens when he finds out that Ginny is in town...

My current project is a baby cocoon made from Lionbrand Homespun yarn in "Pearl" using an "L" hook.  I've made so many of these that I don't even need a pattern any more!  I originally purchased the pattern from www.busymomdesigns.com .


I worked on this last evening while watching "Trouble With the Curve".  The movie was good but the language was a bit rough.  I only have 3 more rows to go but I was just so tired that I stopped when the movie ended.  I'll finish it up today.


This is  picture of a cocoon I made for a photographer in "Parfait".  They are so much cuter when there is a precious baby snuggled inside :)  I love receiving pictures of my items in use.

I read.  I crocheted.  Now, to repeat.


Have a great day!











8 comments:

  1. Hi Colleta! Another crocheter here among the knitters. I want to crawl in that cocoon and sleep myself. :-)

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! That cocoon looks so snug!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cocoon! I recently cast on for my first knitted cuddle sack/cocoon. Hope it turns out as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely one of my favorite yarns-- looks really nice as a sleep sack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping over from both Ginny's and Tami's, I've decided to take part in these to. Love the little cocoon, it loos so snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet photo of the baby and how wonderful to crochet something so cute.

    Thanks for taking time to visit my blog, tea and simplicity. I'm so glad you left a comment so I could find your lovely blog.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. While the cocoon is adorable, I am more in awe you are using homespun. I love the colors and feel of that yarn but I do not like to crochet with it, even with a larger hook. If I ever use it, its for knit only.

    Looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FOUND YOU :)

    hehehe - I wanted to make sure I had your blog on my blog reader list.

    (still in awe of your crocheting with homespun hehehe)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.