Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Heart and Home ~ Take the Time ~ 1/8/13


Click above to join in and share how you’re creating home or cultivating faith this week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We had such a beautiful White Christmas this year.  All total, we ended up with about 10 inches of snow.  My 5 year-old, Laken, was so excited by the snow this year and wanted to go out and play constantly.


Everyone was on vacation the week between Christmas and New Year's.  Except me.  When does a mom get a vacation?  There were still dishes to wash, meals to make, laundry to fold, floors to sweep, etc, etc, etc.  You get my point.


There were times Laken would want to go outside and I would tell her to take the dogs out with her to play.  It got me off the hook so I could get more housework done.


One day, everyone was outside playing but me.  I forget what I was even doing at the time, but my husband stuck his head in the door and called for me to come outside and play with them.   At first, I resisted.  I would have to stop what I was doing, get my boots and coat and gloves on and take time away from my daily "schedule".


Then I came to my senses!  What was I doing?  There will always be chores and tasks and schedules.  I'll always have things to do.  But I won't always have my babies wanting me to come play in the snow.  I wouldn't always hear, "Mommy, watch me make a snow angel!"


That girl was rolling around in the snow more than she was on her feet!  What joy filled her little face :)  I think it was right after this angel that I had to sit my camera down to participate in a snowball fight instigated my the hubby.  Who did he think he was messing with??


This is Mr. Snowman.  He is in touch with him feminine side and had no problem wearing a pink scarf as long as he had his camo hunting hat on.


Look at my beautiful family.  What happy faces!  Even Kaylee smiled for me with her mouth full of braces.  And Jasmine made sure she got in on the picture, too.


Now, the girls are back in school and Doug is back at work.  I still have a full list of daily to-do's but now I also have these precious memories.

Today, I encourage you to take the time to make special memories with your family.  They won't only be your memories.  When your children think back to their childhood, they will be their memories, too.  They'll look at you and say, "Remember that time..."  

And you can say, "Yes, I do remember."
 

3 comments:

  1. You are so right about this. My dad has had some health problems recently, and now more than ever I am conscious of taking every chance I get to make memories with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics, we had a foot of snow for Christmas too and its still there. Sadly, the wind and negative temps kept us indoors. For 10 days it never got above 20 for a high! So glad you all enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was growing up (and even now) we would always say that our family time was "making memories time". So true :) I wish we had snow this Christmas, it looks like you all had a ball playing and rolling in it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.