Thursday, January 3, 2013

Desire to Inspire ~ Heartbroken ~ 1/3/13



This is my first "Desire to Inspire" post.  I wanted to write something inspirational and thought-provoking.  I've thought about it all morning.  I thought about it as I went out and did my 2 mile walk for the day in the beautiful sunshine.  I thought about it as I was puttering around the house trying to get some work done and yet not getting much at all accomplished.

I finally realized why I was having so much trouble with deciding what to write.  I'm heartbroken.  I wasn't going to even talk about this on my blog at all but I find that it is all I can think of.

Yesterday was a sad, sad day for me as I learned of the passing of a dear friend and brother-in-Christ.

I know with blessed assurance where his soul now is.  Without a doubt. For that, I am grateful.  But at the same time, I feel grief.  For his dear wife.  For me.  For his friends and the many lives that he has touched.  We will all miss his presence here with us.

Over the years, as I encounter more and more death around me, I've tried very hard to not focus on the sadness that death inevitably brings.  After the initial shock and heartbreak, I've been learning to focus on being thankful for the time I was given with the loved one.

I guess I have more learning to do.  For today, I'll just let myself feel.

And tomorrow, I'll try again.


A Royal Daughter

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Colletta ... first sending you a hug and praying that you will transition to peace soon and be able to focus on the wonderful memories your Brother- in- Christ has left and that you were blessed to have him in your life. Losing a loved one is one of the most devastating experiences life throws at us.

    And my friend you are inspiring and your message today is also inspiring ... Your words
    " I guess I have more learning to do. For today, I'll just let myself feel.And tomorrow, I'll try again." - these words of wisdom... inspire us to not rush ...but to take time to feel and be in the moment - even when it doesn't feel so good.

    Blessings , C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Colleta I am so very sorry for your loss. I think "feeling" is so very important for grieving. Praying for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.