Friday, January 18, 2013

Tea Time (aka Coffee Date) ~ 1/18/13


Won't you come meet Alissa , me and the girls for a coffee date,
or in my case, hot chocolate with whipped cream or maybe a chai tea?

Hello, everyone!  I hope you're having a good week.

~I honestly don't know if I'd have been able to meet up today if it wasn't virtual.  That sick kid that I had home last Friday passed along her flu germs and I have been sick, sick, sick!  Today, I'm drinking hot tea with honey.  I think I'm over the worst of it but still feel soooo draiiiinnnneeeddd...............  I feel like I have limp noodles for limbs.  it hasn't been the best of weeks :(

~My BCF (Best Cousin Forever), Steph, turned 25 on Wednesday!  She says she feels old now.  Ha!  She's still a young whipper snapper.  Although being a mom to a 9 month old does take it out of a girl.  She is such a great mom and is doing a great job with Dex!

~I can't believe I'm going to be 35 years old in 2 months!  The good thing about having a husband who is 10 years older than me is that I always feel young.  Yes, I'm going to 35, but he's going to be 45!  Now, THAT is old!  Just kidding!

~I recently found out that one of my best friends from school who I've been blessed to still be in touch with (we go to the same Church) is expecting a surprise blessing in July!  This is baby #4 for her and came as somewhat of a shock to her and her hubby.  Her youngest started Kindergarten this year and I think they were getting settled in and now will have to start all over.  I'm very excited for her but at the same time I can't help but think "better her than me!"

~Next Saturday is what I'm calling the "Big Reveal"!  My cousin, Eric, and his wife, Michele, are finally going to tell us what sex(es) the twins are!  I can't wait to find out!  It has been killing me to not know!  I can't wait to start crocheting for my newest honorary nieces, nephews, or one of each.  The suspense is almost too much to bear!

~I find that since I've had my hysterectomy and know that I no longer have to worry about going through pregnancy again, that I'm more excited than EVER about new babies.  Before I would think about all the struggles I went through while pregnant and PPD.  Now I just look forward to BABIES!  Holding them, kissing them, snuggling them and giving them back when they get too fussy.  I am loving be an Auntie!

~I'm planning on a quiet, healing weekend.  Some reading, crocheting and maybe a movie or two with the family.  BTW, we watched "Ice Age, Continental Drift" last Friday for Family Movie Night and it was hilarious.  We all loved it!


So, how was your week?  Any big plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

  1. UGH - kids and school will make everyone sick every time :( I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    Ya know - I think its a lot easier for me to get excited about other people having a baby... me, not so much *laughs* I'd be in the same boat as you... the "better her than me" boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice post! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better soon! Keep your self hydrated and drink green tea with lemon and honey. Also have your DH make you some chicken noodle soup.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.