Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Work in Progress ~ 5/9/18

 
 
I mentioned the other week that I'm working on an afghan for my cousin's bride-to-be, Ashley.  I've only met her once, but she is very friendly and plays a mean game of Corn Hole.
 
The Bridal Shower is July 2nd and I have a lot of work to get done by then.

Here's my progress so far:

 
 
Each row has 9 squares, therefore, I have 31 squares completed out of 90!  I better get moving!

 
 
I'm crocheting simple granny squares and joining them with a single crochet stitch.


Here's my "helper", Star.  I haven't decided if she more of a hindrance than a help, but she keeps me company while crocheting on the deck.


Speaking of crocheting on the deck, here is my little "Nook".  I absolutely love my little deck with my swing and patio table and chairs!


 Here's my little workplace.


The deck gets full sun in the afternoon, so the umbrella is a definite need.


 So, back to the Ashley's Afghan.  There will be 10 rows of 9 squares and then borders depending on what yarn I have left.  There are a variety of colors and I love it!  I hope I can give it up come July! 

I'm really enjoying working on this afghan.  Some people think Granny Squares are old-fashioned, but I love making them and think it is so relaxing.  The only bad thing about Granny Squares are tying in the ends, but I'm trying to be good and am tying in ends after each row and then connecting them.

I'll be keeping you updated on my progress.


What are you working on?

Colletta 



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.