Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Book Review ~ Still Life by Dani Pettrey

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
30265223
 
Blurb:
 
Work hits too close to home for crime scene photographer Avery Tate when her best friend disappears. The only lead is a chilling photo of her--apparently dead. As Avery, her boss Parker, and his friends dig into the case, she's forced to confront her feelings for Parker when they come face-to-face with a dangerous criminal.  

My Thoughts:
 
This is the second book of the Chesapeake Valor Series.  To read my review of the first book, Cold Shot, click HERE.
 
Dani Pettrey has fast become one of my favorite authors.
 
Still Life was an awesome read.  I was hooked from the start.  I think getting to know the characters in the first book really helped to draw me in.  For that fact, I highly recommend reading this series in order.
 
Parker and Avery's love for each other is spoken of fairly early in the book, but there are so my seemingly insurmountable odds that keep it interesting on the love front.
 
As for the mystery/suspense aspect, I could hardly put the book down!  I was intrigued to find out who the murderer was and can say that I didn't figure it out until the very end.  To me that is the way a good book reads.
 
I've become invested in the main "group" of characters and can't wait to find out more about Luke's disappearance and if the "gang" can find out who murdered Jenna.
 
Get your hands on this series if you can!
 

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.