Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Book Review ~ A Grand Design by Amber Stockton

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
22725371
 
Blurb:
 
When Alyssa Denham, a single career woman, wins a fun getaway for two on Mackinac Island where her grandmother lives, she gives her carefree best friend a call. Together, they tour the old shops and hidden treasures of the quaint island while helping Alyssa’s grandmother piece together an heirloom quilt. Their quest gains them entrance into the homes of many longtime residents of the island, parts of the city that are otherwise off limits to tourists.

As the quilt’s story takes shape, Alyssa gains amazing insight into her grandmother’s life . . . and attracts the attention of the handsome Scott Whitman, an island resident in charge of hotel transportation. Will memories of her past keep Alyssa from letting go? Or will the quest to piece together the heirloom quilt restore Alyssa’s fractured heart—and bring healing to her entire family?
  

My Thoughts:
 
Years ago, I saw a commercial advertising Mackinac Island.  The images from that commercial have stuck with me all this time.  It seems like it would be like stepping back in time.
 
It was really interesting to read a book set on Mackinac Island and also feature quilting.
 
This was a sweet book that was a joy to read.  Alyssa's grandmother was quite the character.  I was glad that Alyssa was able to heal from past hurts and move on with her life.
 
I've read many of the "Quilts of Love" series.  I can't say that this was my favorite but they all have been good reads.
 
I want to visit Mackinac Island more than ever!
 

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.