Saturday, December 10, 2016

Stacking the Shelves ~ 12/10/16


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week I added the following to my shelf:

17569744

When Jack returns home to Minnesota, he meets the town’s newcomer. She’s bubbly, beautiful . . . and his latest adversary.

Considering that her name is Merry Noel Blake and she was born on Christmas Eve, it’s not surprising that Frost, Minnesota’s newest resident is crazy about the holiday. She has single-handedly convinced the entire town to help her turn Frost into a Christmas destination; there’s a tableau of the stable in Bethlehem, a concert, many events at the church, and Merry’s own holiday boutique.

Jack Frost has always tried to live down his whimsical name—a gift from his playful parents—and he does his best to deter Merry from making what he considers a kitschy mockery of the town and the season. But she believes that below Jack’s frosty exterior is a warm heart—and that she is the one to thaw it.
  

~~~~~~~~~~~

 13120365

Love blooms in unlikely places. In 1912, two years after a tornado left many children homeless, the town of Daisy, Oklahoma, needs help with its orphanage. Enter Rena Jewel, 38 years old and still single, who longs to do something important with her life. A lover of flowers, Rena believes the letter from Daisy to be a sign from the Lord, and she promises to help.

Sheriff Gene Wyatt is a widowed father struggling to control 23 unruly orphans--and to keep his own two boys from burning down the town. So when he receives word that help is on the way, Gene rejoices. Until he meets Rena, that is--a genteel and far too pretty woman whom he assumes is not up to the challenge. And after meeting the children, Rena begins to agree with him! At her wits' end, she helps the children plant a garden and slowly earns their respect and obedience. The new orphanage director arrives just as the garden begins to bloom, and Rena must decide whether she can leave the town, the children--and the man--she's come to love.  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.

I'd love for you to join in the 2017 PenPal sign-ups here on my blog.

For more information, please click HERE, the picture below or see the top right sidebar :)

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/2017-penpal-sign-ups-ends-121916.html


 
Also linking up to: The Sunday PostMailbox Monday

 
Happy Reading!


11 comments:

  1. In Frost Minnesota sounds like one I would really love! I'm such a sucker for holiday romances. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great reads. I loved your Holiday past below. I'd love for you to link over at The Count Down To Christmas party.
    It's over here:
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2016/12/count-down-to-christmas-2016-2.html
    Feel free to come over anytime and link all your Christmas posts!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Merry Noel", that's quite a name. She's destined to love Christmas. :D I've not heard of either of these but I hope you enjoy both of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Colletta. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some good winter reads you got there! I hope you enjoy them!


    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one looks very wintery. I hope you enjoy them!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved the idea of pen pals when I was a kid. I never stuck with it though. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Frost Minnesota sounds like a sweet Christmas story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both books look adorable. I love the covers too.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of In Frost, Minnesota...I am a fan of Robert Frost, so I'm drawn to the idea of a town with the name. (Plus, Frost was my maiden name, lol, which I've turned into "Snow" for my online life).

    Enjoy your reading...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you have some great books. I love Robert Frost.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.