Monday, December 19, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 12/19/16


 
Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The weather outside is::::

Ice, ice, baby!
 


On my breakfast plate:
 
Smart Ones Canadian Sausage, Egg and Cheese Muffin
  
As I look around the house::::
 
The girls are sharing a room.  It has been quite interesting, to say the least!

On today's to do list::::
 
Deadline to sign up for a PenPal for 2017
Pick up fundraiser items for Laken Cheer Squad
Make cut-out sugar cookies
 
Happening this week::::
 
Monday....Cookies!
Tuesday...  Clean, laundry, Laken is cheering at a wrestling match.
Wednesday... Menu and Grocery List, Groceries.
Thursday.....Laken's Christmas Program, Baking Nuthorns with Mom.
Friday....Laundry, Schedule, Making Fudge.
Saturday....Weight Watchers Meeting, Christmas Eve!, Christmas Dinner at my Cousin Steph's.

Currently reading::::

13265065

I recently read the second book in the Belles & Whistles series so when I saw the first book "Wedding Belles" at Ollie's I snatched it up.  I've been reading it while waiting for the girls at school pick-up and I'm loving it!

 
On the TV::::

Other than keeping an eye on the weather, I haven't really watched any TV this week :(

 
On the Radio:::

This week I featured "How Glorious the Love of Heaven" by Stars Go Dim for Songs on Sunday.
 
On the menu this week::::

Monday - Stroganoff, garlic bread, broccoli, fruit
Tuesday - Hamburger gravy, Mashed Potatoes, corn, apples
Wednesday - Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, Chicken Noodle soup.
Thursday - Chicken, Cheesy Potatoes, green beans, peaches
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Oatmeal, Toast, Bacon
Sunday - Dinner at Church

What I am creating at the moment::::

I've been working on the Holiday Cable Throw using Red Heart Super Saver in "Mushroom".

Part #1


Part #2


I'm debating on whether or not to continue with this.  I'm having difficulties with Part #3 and am growing discouraged.  I'm thinking about returning the unused skeins and getting yarn for a different more colorful project.  What do you think?

 
From the Camera:::
 



 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee; because he trusteth in Thee."

Isaiah 26:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Linking up to :What Are You Reading,   Yarn Fanatic, Art of Homemaking, Make Your Home SingGood Morning Monday, Menu Plan Monday , Yarn Along, Keep Calm Craft On, Linky Ladies, Pieces by Polly , Homemaking Linkup, Homesteader Hop.

6 comments:

  1. I've been doing quite a lot of weather watching too. I want to travel 250 miles one way over our Christmas break and need good weather. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; return the unused and get something that makes you smile so you can knit something that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such lovely work and 'Demelza' was such a beautiful creation and so colourful. I agree that returning the unused portion and doing a colourful project instead would give you joy; especially if your are feeling discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I love the color up there, it is probably a good time of year to choose something a bit more colorful and cheerful. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're knitting project looks lovely. I wish I could needle knit but so far loom knitting and I are the ones who see eye to eye lol. Happy holidays!
    Here's my It's Monday! post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're not really into the project (and since it's a large project) I say return the skeins and start on something new. Otherwise it's not going to be very fun to knit. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.