Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Hodgepodge ~ 12/7/16



Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:

1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?

I'd be about a 5, I guess.  I don't do a lot of decorating but I do have a few sentimental pieces that have to go out.  We have not decorated yet.  We are going to get our tree on Saturday.

2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!

I have a manger scene that has been passed down to me from my grandmother.  It is packed away at the moment so I can't get a picture :(

3.  Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?

We now live in the country but our little town nearby is relatively social.  Most things revolve around the school.  My Church on the other-hand is very social.  In fact, I just had a Christmas dinner last night with the other ladies in the Church.

4.  As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?

We just moved.  It isn't a great time to be trudging our things about and reorganizing but "There's no time like the present!"


5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?

Actually I adore Mondays!  I'm a SAHM-W so I get to be home and everybody else has gone back to their normal activities.  It gives me a chance to get the house back in order.
 
6.  Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now?

I love Poinsettias and we have a Christmas Cactus that is getting ready to bloom.  I'll have more about after we get the decorating done

7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.

"Snow as thick as peanut butter!"

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'd love for you to join in the 2017 PenPal sign-ups here on my blog.

For more information, please click HERE, the picture below or see the top right sidebar :)

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/2017-penpal-sign-ups-ends-121916.html


I'd love to return the visit!  Please leave a comment and a link!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a great turnout on your penpal sign-up! I had a penpal when I was 9 or 10 who lived in Auckland, New Zealand. What fun to learn about another place! I still have her letters. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading your answers to the questions and learning about your seasonal activities. I sent my details for the penpal sign-up and hope you received them. Have a good day whatever you are doing today!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.