Saturday, December 24, 2016

Stacking the Shelves ~ 12/24/16


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week I added the following to my shelf:

13120366

   Will Annie find treasure in her field of sunflowers? Annie Jamison is the sister who keeps the peace. So when her mother goes missing, Annie's the one sent to retrieve her. There's one problem. It seems the town Willa Jamison (willingly) ran off to--Sunflower, Kansas-- doesn't exist. Sure, it's on the map, but when Annie drives there, she finds herself in the middle of a field. Of sunflowers. In nearby Bonner Springs, Kansas, Annie finds her errant mother...and Joe Kelly, a handsome veterinarian who thinks Annie is part of a team of con artists out to swindle his father. It takes some time, but eventually, Joe's working with Annie instead of against her to bring their wacky parents to their senses. When this unlikely team turns into an unlikely couple, Annie no longer wants to leave her field of sunflowers. She wants happily-ever-after with Joe Kelly. But when evidence of the con resurfaces, will Joe have enough faith in Annie to recognize the truth?

~~~~~~~~~~~

 13410633

A young woman wants to work in a man’s world.

It’s 1933, the height of the Big-Band era, and beautiful Lake Geneva is already well established as a summertime playground for Chicago’s elite. Local girl Meg Alden works at the town newspaper, but she aspires to be a reporter—a job given only to men. When a position opens up, Meg spies an opportunity to break into the business. That is, until Jack Wallace, the son of a big-city newspaper magnate, is hired instead. Jack is drawn to Meg and suggests they combine forces to uncover a local scandal. But how can Meg work with the man who stole her job. . .and makes her pulse race?
  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Also linking up to: The Sunday PostMailbox Monday

 
Happy Reading!


11 comments:

  1. These look tempting. I do love the covers and the era for the second book. Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. Enjoy reading.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of either of these! The first one looks really sweet. I hope you enjoy both of your new books, Colletta!

    Happy holidays. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those books sound so beautiful and interesting! I hope you enjoy them!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul. I haven't heard of any of these but I do hope that you enjoy them!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom talks about visiting Lake Geneva as a child so I should pick that book up for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both these look like feel-good reads. I especially like the look of the Lake Geneva one. I love historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty covers these are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both look like fun - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both look good.

    Love the covers.

    ENJOY your books and your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geneva looks like a good one and I love the cover. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.