Thursday, December 8, 2016

Book Review ~ Mistletoe Memories by AlLee, Gade, Richardson and Welborn ~ 12/8/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
17214100
 
Blurb:
 
Spend a heartfelt Christmas on Schooley’s Mountain as four generations make a house a home. Carpenter Stephan Yost vows to build a precocious spinster a home by Christmas. Civil War widow Mary Ann Plum learns the greatest peace on earth comes from giving and receiving love. Olympia Paris must protect the orphanage she grew up in from a man intending to play Father Christmas to most of the town. Joy Benucci turns to a modern-day Scrooge to save a transitional home for foster kids. Will Christmas be a season of miracles in their lives?      

My Thoughts:
 
First, I want to say that after reading this book, I have completed my Goodreads 2016 Challenge to read 52 books this year!!!  So excited!!
 
As for the book itself, it was so endearing.
 
I loved all four novellas equally.  They were so wonderfully written and such sweet stories.
 
I loved that the house built in the first novella set the stage for the rest of the book.  It was so interesting to think about the history of the house and the different residents who called it home.
 
I'm really enjoying the season and especially reading these Christmas stories.  And it is even flurrying!  I'm getting in the Christmas Spirit!
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.

I'd love for you to join in the 2017 PenPal sign-ups here on my blog.

For more information, please click HERE, the picture below or see the top right sidebar :)

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/2017-penpal-sign-ups-ends-121916.html

 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a great post and great book. Thanks for sharing this! Congrats on reaching your goal!
    I would love for you to come over and link this post and all your Christmas posts at the Count Down To Christmas Party. It's over here at my Holiday blog:
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2016/12/count-down-to-christmas-2016-2.html
    Come and join the party and share the love.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great post and great book. Thanks for sharing this! Congrats on reaching your goal!
    I would love for you to come over and link this post and all your Christmas posts at the Count Down To Christmas Party. It's over here at my Holiday blog:
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2016/12/count-down-to-christmas-2016-2.html
    Come and join the party and share the love.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your Goodreads Challenge! And wow, 55 participants so far for pen pals? Holey bagels, what a great turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Goodreads goal! This book sounds lovely. I love that the house was in all the stories.

    Thanks for linking up on Saturday Situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on meeting your GR Goal, even a bit early. (I didn't finish till the 30th.)
    I enjoyed this book last year - endearing is a good description.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.