Sunday, April 19, 2015

Make it Monday ~ Stained Glass Granny ~ 4/20/15

 
 
 
 I have four crochet projects in the works right now.  The one I'm currently focusing one I'm calling "Stained Glass Granny".  I just love working with granny squares.  It is so fun to finish each one and have small accomplishments along the way.
 

I'm starting with a basic solid granny square.  I'm then outlining it with a row of black.


I'm using a total of 8 different colors.  So far, I have 22 squares completed. 



The finished afghan will be 5 blocks by 7 blocks.  I'll then add a border in black and the colors used in the squares.

 
I've seen much more elaborate stained glass squares, but I think I'm going to like the finished product.  I hope to get a good bit done this week as I'm recuperating from gallbladder surgery and have to take it easy.

Please leave me a comment with a link so I can return the visit!!




The Hooked Haberdasher

15 comments:

  1. I so admire this kind of skill. I tried to learn to crochet as a girl; it didn't stick. Maybe I'll try again someday. I love your stained glass granny project. Visiting from Making Your Home Sing Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You should try to crochet again. It is a great, therapeutic hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just loved how you called this a stain glass project! I also love to make granny squares!
    I find it so relaxing and then I can put them all together and make a blanket or lap pad!
    I find working on a square to be so relaxing in the evenings!
    Well, I hope you come visit me soon! Happy Spring Time...
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Granny Square lover!! I'll be right over :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely my friend. I appreciate your hand work, it is a gift. My sister-in-law does this too. It takes a lot of patience and creativity.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crocheting is a lovely creative outlet. I love picking out the colors and patterns! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love granny square afghans, but cant seem to make myself make one. lovely work!

    Kati
    KatiDCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so much fun to make and easy to carry around the house to work on! You should give it a try! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. It reminds me of the afghans my mother made when I was a child. In fact she taught me to crochet with a granny square pattern almost exactly like this. The black is beautiful around the colored squares. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you still make granny squares? Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I do. Granny squares and more. I blogged about my mom's granny squares here, http://mykeeponkeepingon.blogspot.com/2014/08/an-afghan-and-memories-of-my-mother.html. My blog is really a conglomeration of random thoughts with a good deal of posts about crochet. Did I mention I love to crochet? LOL! And I'm always on the look out for crochet themed blogs for inspiration and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love granny squares. This will look like stained glass! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the colors, and granny squares. :-) It's a nice activity for recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stained glass look of the squares! What a neat idea :) Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, such bright colours, I love them, wish I could crochet!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.