Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Family Time ~ Pizza Making ~ 4/21/15


 
Friday nights at our house is Pizza Night.  We try to mix up the kinds of pizza.  Sometimes we order in, sometimes we have frozen and other times we have good old Chef Boyardee. 
 

I decided that it is high time that the girls need start learning to cook.  Laken loves to help me bake and Kaylee makes an awesome meatloaf but other than that microwavable meals is their limit.


I was there guiding them, but tried to let them figure out the basics on their own.  First, read the directions!  (after washing hands and pulling back hair..)


Laken decided to take the dough mix into her own hands.  Luckily I stopped her before we had a blown up mess everywhere.


Kaylee wasn't extremely thrilled with the step by step picture taking.  She wanted to know why I needed so many pictures.  For my blog, course!


Time to mix the dough.


Sometimes you just have to get your hands in there.


I love my Pampered Chef roller.  The girls fought a bit over who got to roll out the dough.  They love the roller too!


At this point, Laken realized that she forgot to put on her Hello Kitty apron.  She was afraid she would get sauce on her shirt so we had to take a brief intermission to don Miss Kitty.


Again, a little squabble over who got to sprinkle the cheese.  Each was afraid that the other got to do more.  sigh....


Luckily, there was just enough pepperoni left for the pizza.  Someone, namely Douglas, thought it was solely for his eating pleasure and not for something in particular that I wanted to make.


I love this picture.  They are both smiling and acting like they get along!  They were very proud of their accomplishment.


Oops!  Don't forget to clean up.


And.....the finished pizza.

 
It was delicious!  And even more so because I knew the effort that was put into making it by my girls :)

What should I have them make next?

Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!



9 comments:

  1. This is so great! Found you over on Titus 2 Tuesday link up! I love making pizza with my daughter. She's only 4 but I usually just give her a little ball of her own dough and she makes a little mini pizza to play with. She also loves to help add the toppings! Sure with I could get her to clean up like yours, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I never thought to have them each make their own...lol It takes some time to teach them that cleaning up is part of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love home made pizza the best! I love the rolling pin! I want one! I wish I could teach my kids to clean up after cooking! Returning the visit from http://howtogetorganizedathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my rolling pin. It is from Pampered Chef and I've had it for years! Thanks for the return visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look like lots of fun you had with them! Hope the eating was very delightful too? *smiling*.
    Many Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very good. They did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pizza looks great! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time they make pizzas they could do one each and you would get to avoid the whole competitive who gets to do what, but then again co-operation is a valuable skill...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to encourage your kids in the kitchen! Thank you for sharing this lovely family post with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop. Pinning to my Kids in the Kitchen board on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.