Wednesday, April 22, 2015

In the Kitchen ~ Peanut Butter Coffee Cake ~ 4/23/15


This recipe came from a cookbook called "America's Favorites:  Bake Sale".  I was looking for something to bake, had all the ingredients on hand, so win win!  Not to mention yummy!



Peanut Butter Coffee Cake

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
3/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter, divided
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup Crisco or all-vegetable shortening
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
Powdered sugar icing (optional)

Preheat oven to 375F.

Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup peanut butter and melted butter until crumbly, set aside.
 
 

Cream remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter and shortening.  Slowly beat in remain 1 cup brown sugar.  Add eggs, 1 at a time until fluffy.

Combine remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; mix well.  Add flour mixture alternatively with milk to creamed mixture, beating after each addition.


Spread batter in greased 13X9X2 inch baking pan.  Top with reserved crumbly mixture.


Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Cool completely.


Drizzle with icing, if desired.



This coffee cake was really good.  I think if I make it again, I will double the crumb mixture topping.  It was what really made the cake. 

Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

Linking up to:  Full Plate Thursday, Inspritation2 , Creative WaysGrace at Home, Create It Thursday, Your Turn to Shine,   Project Stash and Home Sweet Home, Share Your Cup.


 




13 comments:

  1. Eek, I have all these ingredients at home! I'm pinning this for later. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. That looks amazing! I want a big piece right now! Yummy!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought to put peanut butter in a coffee cake, but that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same reaction! I'm curious to make this!

      Delete
  4. Mmmm! Looks and sounds amazing! I'll have to try it! Thanks soo much for sharing at Your Turn To Shine! Hope you come back and share with us each week :)
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds delicious.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love peanut butter and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious! Thanks for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! This looks delicious and I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing the recipe with Share Your Cup. Happy to be a new follower.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for following Colletta's Kitchen Sink!

      Delete
  9. Yum! This looks delicious! We all love peanut butter, but I've never seen it used in a coffee cake before. Good idea to double to crumb topping--that's my favorite, too!

    Thanks so much for joining Grace at Home. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited to be featured! Thank you so much :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.