Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Family Time ~ Into the Woods ~ 4/14/15




The hubby called me Friday morning at work to tell me he rented a movie from the Redbox on his way home that morning.


In our house, family movie night needs certain things to be complete, so I made a quick trip to the store on my lunch break for the essentials.  Popcorn, Twizzlers and M&M's.  Yeah, baby!


Here are a few pre-movie pictures:






 Now, for the actual movie.  "Into the Woods"


                           

 Laken had been wanting to see this movie for weeks and it finally came to the Redbox.  You can check out the trailer below.

            

What did I think of the movie?  I hate to say it but I thought it was really strange!  The acting and singing were spectacular (the song did get a bit repetitive) but the storyline was just not what I was expecting at all.

Laken and the hubby liked the movie.  Kaylee didn't say one way or the other.  Typical teenager.

Although I wasn't a fan of the movie,  it was a great evening spent together as a family.

Have you seen "Into the Woods"?  What did you think of it?

What are some Movie Night essentials at your house?

I'd love for you leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit :)



4 comments:

  1. We went to see the movie together with my son. I must say that we both enjoyed it and it was a fun twist to the traditional versions of the fairy tales. And also a good joke on the traditional knight/prince in his shining armor riding on his white horse. But I also must say that I hated the end. I really really disliked how they brought an adult theme like adultery to a family movie and then just offed the baker's wife and then started hinting that he had a better candidate in Cinderella right next to him. Not a good twist at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I didn't like that part at all. In fact, my 13 year old yelled out "adultery" while we were watching the movie!

      Delete
  2. I'd really like to see this, but I'm guessing by that first comment that maybe it's not a great movie for kids. Is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't a bad movie for kids. There was just one spot and I don't know if they would even pick up on it. Use your own judgment.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.