Wednesday, April 29, 2015

In the Kitchen ~ Banana-Coconut Crunch Cake ~ 4/30/15



This recipe came from a cookbook called "America's Favorites:  Bake Sale". 


Banana-Coconut Crunch Cake

Cake:

1 package banana cake mix (yellow if you can't find banana)
1 package (4 oz) banana flavor instant pudding
1 can (16 oz) fruite cocktail, in juice, undrained
4 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Glaze:

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 13X9X2 inch cake pan.

Combine cake mix, pudding mix, fruit cocktail with juice, eggs and oil in a large bowl.  Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 4 minutes.

Stir in 1 cup coconut.  Pour into prepared pan.


Combine pecans and brown sugar in a small bowl.  Stir until well mixed.


Sprinkle over batter.


Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


For the glaze, combine granulated sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat.  Stir in 1 1/3 cups coconut.  Pour over warm cake.


 Serve warm or at room temperature.

I wasn't sure I would like this recipe because I'm not a huge fan of fruit cocktail. But...I loved it!  The fruit cocktail mixed into the batter so well, I wouldn't even have known it was there.

This cake was so moist and delicious!


Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

Linking up to:  Full Plate Thursday, Inspritation2 , Creative WaysGrace at Home, Create It Thursday, Your Turn to Shine,   Project Stash and Home Sweet Home, Share Your Cup.


11 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy, I am always on the lookout for cakes to take to our church potluck, and this looks perfect! Pinning it now. We would love for you to share with us at Party in Your PJs, our weekly pin party.
    http://www.thecookiepuzzle.com/2015/04/party-in-your-pjs-53.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby took it to a Men's Fellowship Meeting Saturday night. Thanks for stopping by. I linked up to Party in Your PJ's!

      Delete
  2. That looks amazing!I love coconut and crunch!Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my most favorite flavors! A must try! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really went well together. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh I bet this is so yummy! My mom made what she called a fruit cocktail cake and it was so moist. I bet this is as well. Pinning and can't wait to try! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very moist and delicious! Let me know how it turns out for you.

      Delete
  5. Love this cake - it looks moist and yummy. I'm always keeping my eye out for quick and tasty recipes to add to my collection. This is a keeper!! Thanks for sharing. http://maryandmarthashouse.com/?p=1097

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.