Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
I hate snakes!!!! The last time I saw one was probably at the zoo a few years ago. Thankfully, I haven't seen one in the "wild" for quite some time. BTW, snakes are the only thing that my husband is afraid off.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
Not necessarily luck. I believe more that God has a plan for us and looks after us. I do use the term alot though.
3. Sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
I would pick either sledding or building a snowman. We just built a snowman a few week ago. The kids had a ball and so did we! Sledding is also very fun but we just haven't taken the time to go.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
I've never heard this quote but I can understand where it is coming from. As each day passes and we are just trying to make it through, we might not see what there is to learn. As we look back through the years and see a bigger picture, the lesson is easier to see. I personally have seen this played out in my dealing with depression and anxiety.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
Hmmmm? I don't remember exactly but I don't think it was extremely long ago.
6. What's something you can't say no to?
Sweets! Like that cupcake up yonder!
7. Are you a doodler?
Yes. I doodle in the margins of my papers all the time. Even sermon notes! I draw flowers, boxes with lines etc.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My groundhog baby turned 6 years old on Saturday!
Let's get hodgepodgey!