Thursday, February 7, 2013

Health Management ~ Session 1, Part 2 ~ 2/7/13


This is the second part of my visit with Art, the Christian Counselor and tips we talked about to better management my health including my anxiety and depression.  You can read  Part 1 HERE.

First, I want to let you know how thankful I am to be feeling so much better!  Between the med change and using the tips from Art, I've slowly but surely been able to tell a big difference!  Thank You, Lord!  And I mean that with all my heart.

Today, I want to share the more spiritual aspects of Health Management.  A lot of these I already do but others are more complicated and harder to accomplish, especially while dealing with anx/dep.

1.  Accept Grace.  Ahhh..  Such a hard thing for me to do!  I hold things against myself and therefore find it difficult to always remember that God has already forgiven me for my sins even if I haven't.  I've been wearing my cross necklace as a reminder of "Whose" I am and how much Jesus loves me.



2.  Actively Pursue Christ.  Don't let your struggles keep you from actively pursuing Christ.  The following tips are ways to do this.


3.  Pray.  Spend quiet time to speak with God and take the time to listen.  This is very difficult to do when I'm in full blown panic mode.  I often find myself just repeating, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, please help me!"  As things calm down, it is important not to forget to continue with your prayer life.  It is so easy to just roll out of bed in the morning and start the day without taking time to say good morning to the Lord.  Some nights, we're just so tired that we fall asleep before telling the Lord god night.  God wants to hear from us.  He longs for it.



4.  Bible Reading and Study.  It is in God's Word that we can find comfort.  There are so many promises made my God to give us strength, courage, protection, love, acceptance, forgiveness...  It goes on and on.  Cling to these promises and know that God keeps them all.  Stay in His Word.  Even if all you can do is read a chapter or two.  The Psalms are a wonderful place to receive comfort.  David struggled and wrote from his heart to God.  We can learn so much.  Just stay in the Word.


5.  Listen to Music.  This was one that I suggested and Art agreed whole-heartedly.  I listen to a Christian radio station pretty much all day long.  If you can't get a Christian station where you are at go to www.klove.com and you can listen online.  I can't tell you what encouragement this gives me.  As I sing along with the songs, it is a reminder of all that God is.  Music soothes the savage beast!



6.  Church Attendance.  Attendance is something that we are not only commanded to do but encouraged to do for our own good.  We go to remember how mighty God is.  To worship, to pray, to take communion,  and to learn.  It can restore our hope, give us a home, give us a family.



7.  Fellowship. Fellowship with other Christians is one of my very favorite things.  I love when we get together to work on projects, for game nights or just stay after services to socialize and chat.  Through this fellowship I have some of the very best friends ever.  Not often can a 35 year old say that some of their best friends are 50-70 years, but this soon-to-be 35 year old can.  I also have friends that are my age.  The great things about Christian Fellowship is that we are all brothers and sisters and can get to know one another at a deeper level if we make the effort.  These relationship are so important!


I have my next meeting with Art on Tuesday.  I hope to learn so much more.

What do you think of these Spiritual tips and how they pertain to Health Management?


A Royal Daughtera punk, a pumpkin and a peanut



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.