Saturday, October 9, 2010

Movie Review: "Dear John"

Dear John

Movie Description:

From the author of "The Notebook" comes DEAR JOHN a story of destiny that pushes young soldier, John Tyree and idealistic college student, Savannah Curtis together. When war tears them apart, will their endless stream of love letters be enough to keep them united?


My Thoughts:
 
I waited to watch this movie on a night that my husband was working 2nd shift.  I thought it would be a little too chick-flicky for him.  I might have been wrong.
 
While the main theme is chick-flicky, there is a quite a bit of war and manliness in this movie.
 
Along with the romance of the movie there was also a side-story about John and his father.  I found it very and interesting, touching and sad at certain points.
 
This movie is rated PG-13 and was pretty clean.  There was only one "love" scene and that wasn't very graphic.  As I said, there was some violence but not to a major extent.
 
I haven't read the book the movie is based on, so I can't comment on how it measures up.  Maybe someone else has read the book and can comment.
 
Overall, I enjoyed watching this movie and would probably watch it again to catch certain parts that I would understand a little more the second time through.
 
Let me know if you've watched "Dear John" and what you thought.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to the audio book on a trip home from Massachusetts and enjoyed it very much. I watched the movie about a month after listening to the book and liked it too. It's funny how you get a visual of the people and then it's completely different when you watch the movie.

    Not one of my favorites but I would definitely watch it again.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.