Sunday, October 24, 2010

Book Review: "The Last Storyteller" by Diane Noble

The Last Storyteller


Book Description:


One Woman’s Choice, One Family’s Legacy

Taite Abbot has always been a free spirit, and she has the tattoos and piercings to prove it. So when her boyfriend, medical student Sam Wellington, leaves for a fellowship thousands of miles away before he knows she is pregnant, Taite is unwilling destroy his chance of becoming a doctor. Completely unprepared to face parenthood alone, she decides to get an abortion. But without any emotional or financial resources, Taite first seeks solace from her Welsh grandmother, Naini.

“Do you remember the stories I once told you, Taite? About the family? …
There were some I didn’t tell you…. Some were too hard to tell.”

From the moment the disillusioned young woman arrives, Naini knows that time is running out, both for Taite and for herself. The aging woman must make her granddaughter understand the heart and soul of their family’s ancient legacy. But for Taite to discover the passion and faith that can keep love alive, Naini must tell the hard stories, one last time.

Interweaving a medieval adventure with the dilemmas of contemporary romance, The Last Storyteller draws ancient grace into modern lives through the powerful telling of stories.

My Thoughts:

This book was riveting!!  There were many controversial issues brought up in this book.  Some may be offended and yet the beauty of the book is that it is used as a beacon of light to shine the light of God onto these issues.  So don't shy away.

I was so captivated by Taite's story as well as the other sideline stories throughout the book.  I read the whole book within 24 hours.  I stayed up a lot later than I should have that night but I couldn't wait to find out how the stories would turn out.

The mix of contemporary and historical storylines was so interesting with just the right blend.  This book also is written with several viewpoints which was very interesting.

If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.