Monday, October 11, 2010

Feeding African Violets

I wish I had a picture of my African Violet before I started feeding it.  When I bought it for around $3.00, it was small and puny with only 1-2 flowers.

I had it for a few weeks before I got to the store to get a bigger flower pot and some African Violet food.  It had stayed about the same size as when I bought it.

I repotted the plant and fed it using the directions on the back of the Miracle Gro African Violet Plant Food.


I'm not kidding, it only took a few days to look like this:


Tons of flowers and the plant itself is about 3X as big as it was.

I never would have imagined there would be such a drastic difference.  I use a multi-plant food for my other plants and I've seen a growth in them also. 

 So, if you don't feed your plants, take my advice and start.  It is amazing what a difference it can make.




Linking to:

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look for this miracle product...I've had an african violet for years that has never flowered. I even put it in one of those special pots made specifically for the plant and while it does help with keeping the crown from rotting or the leaves from browning, it hasn't helped the flower situation. THanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.