Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Book Review: "A Promise for Spring" by Kim Vogel Sawyer

A Promise for Spring
 
Book Description:

England-born Emmaline Bradford pledged her life to Geoffrey Garrett and then bid him farewell when he boarded a ship for America. Though Geoffrey planned to send for her within a few months, five long years have slipped by. And now Emmaline barely remembers her fiancé...

Having Emmaline finally living on the sheep ranch he's built on the north fork of the Solomon River is a dream come true for Geoffrey. But his beloved is not the free-spirited girl he remembers. In fact, she wishes to get out of Kansas as quickly as possible! Begging Emmaline to give prairie life a try, Geoffrey offers a compromise: If she promises to stay until spring, he'll pay her return fare if she decides to go back to her home country. Can anything convince a well-bred Englishwoman to become a "wildflower bride"?

My Thoughts:

Kim Vogel Sawyer has become one of my favorite authors.  When I pick up a book written by her, I know it is going to be a good read.

I loved Emmaline's spirit!  I lost count of how many times she set off to leave and go back to England.  And I didn't blame her!  How can men be so obtuse!  I know it is just fiction, but I just wanted to cheer her on.

I was glad to see how both Emmaline and Geoffrey adapted throughout the book and was quite pleased with the ending.

I'll be eagerly awaiting my next Kim Vogel Sawyer novel!

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.