Monday, October 4, 2010

Making "My" Home a Haven Week 1


I am participating in "Making Your Home a Haven Fall 2010" hosted by Courtney at "Women Living Well".

The challenge for Week 1 is:
Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home.  Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.
This is an easy one for me.  I already do this every day.  Candles are a regular on my grocery list. 

I have one in the kitchen:



 and one in the family room on top the entertainment center:



Right now they are the same scent:  "Cinnamon Bun".

Courtney also asks "What makes a home a haven?"  The answer is, we do.  She goes on to describe two different types of women who have 2 very different types of homes.  Click here to see more about these two homes.

I want to live in Home #2 where the woman of the home is:

1.  Engaged in her family.
2.  Wise with time management.
3.  Has a pleasant demeanor.
4.  Is content.
5.  Prays

Maybe someday I'll get there.  With God's help!

Praying for our families is key.  As part of the candle challenge, I am going to pray for my family everytime I see the flickering of the candle flame.

Why don't you come join in as well?  Who wouldn't want to make her home a haven?

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea. I normally light candles daily, but haven't used them as a reminder to pray for peace in the home. I love that idea. Thank you sharing it. The list from Home#2 is also beautiful. How blessed would my family be if that was the case. It would point them straight to their Loving Father. Thank you for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and something we all need to strive to do. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colletta ~

    I light candles almost daily in our home, too. It is now going to serve as a beautiful reminder to pray for our home, family and relationships...that peace would be one of the fruits manifested.

    It is a blessing to see so many other women joining in Courtney's challenge to be praying for peace.

    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all about a Comfy Cozy Home!

    I love the idea of praying for your family when you see a candle flicker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your blog.
    There's a sweet award for you at
    http://tgteecher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Colletta,
    It is so nice to have candles around the home. I have been having my quiet times with a candle next to me since my children were born. How inspiring to see so many women praying for the same request peace in our homes. I know the Lord will honor and bless us...

    Have a wonderful week,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen my friend! We do make a difference don't we? I pray for continuous blessings for you and your family as you continue lifting them up in prayer....

    Many Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea...I always have candles out...and I love the cinnamon bun scent! I pray for my small family every night...
    Blessings to you and hoping you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.