Monday, October 18, 2010

Book Review: "Against All Odds" by Irene Hannon


Heroes of Quantico Book 1

Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico, Bk 1)

Book Description: 



For FBI Hostage Rescue Team member Evan Cooper and his partner, dignitary protection duty should have been a piece of cake. Unfortunately, Monica Callahan isn't making it easy.

Estranged from her diplomat father--who is involved in a sensitive hostage situation in the Middle East--she refuses to be intimidated by a related terrorist threat back in the States. That is, until a chilling warning convinces her that the danger is very real--and escalating.

As Coop and his partner do their best to keep her safe, Monica's father triggers an abduction that puts his daughter's life at risk. And with every second that ticks by, Coop knows that the odds of saving the only woman who has ever breached the walls around his heart are dropping. After all, terrorists aren't known for their patience--or their mercy.

Book one in the Heroes of Quantico series, this suspense-filled novel will whisk readers along for the thrilling ride.

My Thoughts:

I think this was my first Irene Hannon book.  It definitely won't be my last.  The rest of the Heroes of Quantico Series is already on my wishlist.

I've never really been very into suspense novels, but I can see my tastes starting to change.  As long as it is romantic suspense that is!  I really enjoy alot of the TV shows such as NCIS, Bones, etc.

This book definitely has the romance.  From the first time Coop and Monica meet, you can almost feel the sparks flying.  There were times when my heart broke for them, especially Coop.

The romance, action and suspense kept this book extrememly interesting and I didn't want to put it down.

I'm greatly looking forward to reading Mark's story in An Eye for an Eye.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Colletta! I'm so glad you liked the first book in my Heroes of Quantico series. And when you finish the other two, I have a new series starting in January called Guardians of Justice! Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.